Samstag, August 12, 2006

What it is like to watch Cute Pirates

Although it is a comercial production I had to break with my principles 'cause I enjoyed the first PoC so much. The second part is a nice movie provided you are somehow into pirates, men wearing mustache and emancipatory women. The story itself was not very convincing and I couldn't figure out why certain persons appeared and what kind of role they inhabited. But apart from the weak sections of the plot it is eyecandy. It is not only the landscape it is also the camera movement. The special effects are nice. They are "just" nice because since I saw LotR everything reminds me and I have those "i saw that on another movie before"-moments. We already saw big monsters (remember the octupus hitting Frodo?) and it was this time more or less the same.

Anyway, the characters are great. I really love Sparrow's quirky, gay-ish manner. The way he walks, the way he acts - it is brilliant. His counterpart (though u can't call it like that, sometimes it seems as they are best friends) Turner is noble and more boyish but I couldnd't and wouldn't decide for one of both.
What was quite impressing was the delicious look of Orlando Bloom in the leather jacket. Obviously it was not 100% vegan but it hit me seeing him like this. A nice development for a velvety elf. I suddenly thought about getting a jacket myself and coming to terms with Bloom emm, ya know...
And there is even a decent SM-scene that came quite surprising. A pitty that we didn't have the chance to see as Orlando puts on again his leather jacket covering the stripes obtained from the punishment he lately received on his sexy back... Umm, I better shut up before I get fined by disney pictures *grin*

Keine Kommentare: